SUMMARY OF GROOMER ROLE
As a groomer at one of our Spotted Paw locations, you will be responsible for day to day client scheduling and grooming of all sized dogs and cats. This includes but is not limited to providing customer service in conjunction with ensuring the health and safety of companion animals.
CORE DUTIES OF GROOMER
- Answer customer calls, input appointments and manage schedules in our I.O. system.
- Trim nails, bathe, brush, blow dry, shave, clean teeth, clean ears and de-matte dogs and cats of all sizes and breeds.
- Greet customers warmly and discuss grooming needs and wants with each customer individually. Ensure mutually agreed upon grooming outcomes accordingly.
- Deal directly, promptly and courteously by telephone, electronically or in person.
- Obtain and document pertinent sensitive information such as name, address and animals grooming history.
- Ensure vaccinations are current prior to grooming animals.
- Handle and resolve any customer complaints professionally with courtesy and patience.
- Advice given to customers will remain professional and within the scope of grooming (i.e., skin, coat, nails, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate with all team members.
- Support and work cooperatively with other team members to attain positive group results and client satisfaction.
- Keep grooming salon safe, stocked and clean.
- Teach team members the skills to trim nails and nail grinds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GROOMER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good comprehension and communication skills, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and ability to work alone / autonomously and yet understand when a superior should be involved in decision making.
- Capacity to learn and adhere to Spotted Paw procedures and perform the skills of safe handling per Spotted Paw protocol.
- Ability to work with all sizes and breeds of cats and dogs – effective animal handling skills.
- Competently able to resolve customer complaints – strong customer service orientation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills which positively benefit interaction with internal and external clientele.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-control.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Must be detail oriented, able to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to operate safely in the workplace, with experience adhering to safety standards.
- Able to work in teams as needed to achieve overall client satisfaction.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Ability to work Sunday through Saturday depending on assigned shift.
- At least 3 years professionally grooming all sizes and breeds of dogs and cats.
- Experience with grooming standards for all breeds.
- Consistent access to reliable transportation.
- Capacity to complete tasks such as standing, stooping, bending and lifting, and carry up to 50 lbs. in bags, boxes, or miscellaneous sized containers easily and repeatedly.
- Able to reach, stand, kneel, bend at knees, and squat throughout the day for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into computer systems.
- Able to adequately speak / hear during phone, co-worker, and customer conversations.
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder carrying bags or boxes of product.
- Able to repetitively lift dogs safely in and out of tubs without avoidable injury to the animal.
Why groom with Spotted Paw?
If you are fun-spirited, enthusiastic, dependable, and an energetic pet-loving person, you may be just the groomer we are looking for! Working at Spotted Paw PET Supplies & Grooming is a rewarding experience that lets you contribute to and foster that special human/companion bond that so many of our customers desire. If you like working with the public in a grooming environment, work well as part of a team, understand the meaning of customer service, and know how to smile, then we would like to hear from you.